How to Fix Roku Error Code 009 – Here’s The Full Guide in 2023[Latest]
Roku is one of the simplest ways for customers to access a range of streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. There’s no need to add a streaming device to the TV, as the Roku TV, which uses the Roku operating system, takes care of it. Roku TV models are made by several companies, including Hisense, Hitachi, Insignia, Sharp, and TCL.
But recently many users have reported that they started facing errors while streaming on Roku. A number of things can cause this problem, such as a temporary error on your Roku device, a slow internet connection, or a problem with your network devices. In this article, we are going to look at 009. To fix Roku error code 009, you need to perform several troubleshooting steps.
1. Check Your Internet Connection:
You can check your internet connection by following the steps below:
- Turn on your Roku device
- Go to settings
- Select a network
- Select Check Connection
Roku will run a diagnostic to determine if you have a connection to the home network. It also tests the general quality of the wireless signal being received. If you have an Internet connection, but the speed is slow, then your android device will give you instructions on how to fix it. Note that if you do not connect your streaming player to a network, the Check Connection settings will not be displayed. Instead, you need to set up a new connection.
2. Improve Wireless Signal Strength:
Your Roku streaming player will fail to connect to the wireless network if the signal strength from your router is weak. With wireless signals, the farther you are from the router, the weaker the signal strength becomes. Also, obstacles between your player and router can cause poor signal strength. In this case, the best solution is for you to place your Roku near the router.
3. Reset the Network Settings:
As mentioned earlier, one reason for this error warning could be that the network configurations on the Roku device are corrupted, which limits the device’s functions. Here’s how you can reset network settings on your Roku device:
- Open the Roku device on your TV and then go to Settings.
- After opening Settings, click on the “System” option.
- Then, you need to click on the “System Restart” option and select the “Reset Network Connection” option.
- After the above step the device will restart automatically and when the device turns back on, follow the below steps.
- Go to Settings again and then, click on the “Network” option.
- Select the “WiFi” option and you need to click on “Setup a New WiFi Connection Option”.
- Now, select your Wi-Fi from the list that appears, and then, click on the “I’m at home” option.
- Select the “Automatic” option and then, enter your Wi-Fi connection password.
- After the network is reset and Wi-Fi reconnected, check if the error persists.
4. Restart your router:
Your router may have lost connection to your ISP. Restarting helps establish a new connection. You can switch it off and then on or unplug it from the power source and then plug it back in. It is also helpful to check the instructions provided by the vendor on how to reset the device. If this does not work and other devices such as your smartphone do not connect to the Internet, call your Internet Service Provider. If it doesn’t work, your router may be beyond its lifespan.
5. Use a Wired connection:
If you continue to experience problems with your Wi-Fi connection issue, try switching to a wired connection. Connect your Roku device and Wi-Fi router with an Ethernet cable. It shows you a faster and more long-lasting internet connection. After connecting, check if the error 009 still continues.
6. Factory Reset the Roku device:
If you are still getting Roku error code 009 at this point, you can do a factory reset on your device so that it returns to factory settings and resolves the issue causing the Roku error code.
- Roku is doing a factory reset
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Scroll down and select a setting.
- Select System.
- Select Advanced System Settings.
- Select Factory Reset.
- Select Factory Reset to reset everything.
7. Talk with your Internet service provider:
If none of the methods work, you can call your service provider to check if any of your streaming services are restricted or restricted. This can occur in places with a free public network like institutes,hotels etc. Such limitations on streaming media may impact your Roku’s internet connectivity.
The guide includes all the appropriate methods to help you fix Roku error code 009. We have tried to include every possible technique so make sure you try them all until you find an answer that fixes the error. If none of the methods work, you can also try resetting the Roku device but this way your device will be set to factory settings. We hope this guide definitely helpful to you.