Avast is a cybersecurity software company that develops computer security software applications. Avast Antivirus, Avast Secure Browser, and Avast SecureLine VPN are the main products launched under this company. The Avast Software is estimated to see over 435 million monthly active users. The freemium version of Avast offers basic features for free, while the premium version includes additional benefits. Avast Secure Browser is a web browser developed by Avast. This web browser mainly focuses on internet privacy and data security.
Therefore, many Windows, macOS, and your smartphone devices trust Avast for safe browsing. But users complain that the Avast browser opens on startup. When the device restarts or reboots, the browser opens automatically. Learn how to stop the Avast browser from opening on startup in Windows here. In this article, we will tell you some easy and working methods to stop the Avast browser from opening on startup. Many Avast Secure Browser and Avast Antivirus users face the same problem these days. So, if you are also annoyed by this problem, get the solutions here.
1. Turn Off Avast Secure Browser Startup Option:
If you have turned on the “Automatic Startup” feature in your Avast Secure Browser, it may lead to this problem. So, make sure the Avast Startup option is turned off. Here’s how to turn off the Avast Secure Browser Startup feature.
- First, open Avast Secure Browser on your device.
- Now, click on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner.
- From the given menu, click on the “Settings” option.
- Scroll down on the Settings page and find the “Startup” section.
Here, turn off the “Automatically launch Avast Secure Browser when your computer starts” option.
- Exit the window and restart your browser.
- Now, reboot your device and check if Avast still opens on startup.
2. Disable Avast Browser On Startup In Task Manager:
If the application process is not properly closed, Avast Browser will continue to open at startup. Running processes in Task Manager will start automatically on reboot. So, disable Avast Browser in the Startup tab of Task Manager to stop Avast Browser from opening on startup.
- Go to the start menu and right-click on it. Open Task Manager from the given menu.
- Now, click on the “Startup” tab and find Avast Secure Browser in the list of apps.
3. Modify Avast Browser Settings:
The browser often starts on startup due to the “Automatically launch Avast Secure Browser when your laptop starts” feature in the web browser settings menu. Therefore, you can stop Avast Secure Browser startup by changing Avast browser settings.
Here are the detailed steps to do it.
- First, run Avast Secure Browser on your computer.
- Tap the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- Click on the Settings option in the drop-down menu.
- In the Settings menu, click the On Startup option in the left panel.
- Then go to the right side of the menu and disable the Automatically launch the secure browser when you start your computer option.
4. Uninstall the Avast Secure Browser:
If the above methods fail to work, you can uninstall Avast Secure Browser directly. Then try an alternate browser. To uninstall the browser, please refer to these steps.
- Open Settings and then click Apps.
- In the next window, go to the right until you find Avast Secure Browser, and then scroll down the content.
- Click on the browser and click Uninstall. If you are prompted with a confirmation window, click Uninstall to allow the operation.
5. Switch To Another Web Browser:
Still, the same problem? If you have tried all the above methods to stop Avast Browser from opening on startup and the web browser still has the same problem, then it is better to say goodbye to Avast Secure Browser. Uninstall Avast from your computer and download a safe and reliable web browser.
There are many web browsers available online that ensure safe and secure browsing. You can check their reviews and install a web browser that has the features for your needs. You should also ensure that your web browser does not take a single action without your permission. So, uninstall Avast Secure Browser and get another alternative for it.
That’s how to stop the avast browser from opening on startup. If your Avast browser opens on startup or when you restart or reboot your device, try the methods given in this post. Hope you can solve the problem with these simple methods. If you like this guide, please share this information with others. Keep reading our articles on TechRulz for more updated and useful information.