Lenovo is one of the world’s largest electronics manufacturers, making a wide range of gadgets from smartphones to tablets and computers. Lenovo laptops – ThinkPad, Chromebook Duet, and Yoga – are at the top because of their exceptional features, efficiency, and excellent build quality.
If you own a Lenovo laptop, how to take a screenshot on this computer is a problem you will undoubtedly face. This screenshot feature is very important for you to save the frames of your favorite movie or TV show or web page for future reference.
1. Use Snagit:
Another practical way to capture screenshots on your Lenovo laptop is to use a recording or capture app called Snagit. Below are the steps to follow.
- Install and download the Snagit app on your Lenovo laptop. This app is available for macOS and Windows operating systems.
- Create an account and log in if you are using this app for the first time. If you are using this program for the first time you will get a free trial.
- Look for the “Capture” button on the program screen.
- Click this button and drag the mouse button to select the area you want to take a screenshot.
- When you’re done, grab this screenshot by clicking the camera icon.
- You can edit the screenshot through the Snagit customization tools.
- Press Ctrl + S to save the image.
2. Use a Snipping Tool:
Windows 10 version 1809 and newer are usually installed with a screenshot utility called Snipping Tool, which you can use to capture screenshots. Using this feature, you can take screenshots of an open window, a free-form area, or the entire screen. Below are the steps to follow while using a snipping tool to capture screenshots.
- Go to your keyboard and click Shift + Windows + S simultaneously to prompt a toolbar to pop up on your laptop screen.
- Select the tool you want to use. There are three options – Rectangle lets you take screenshots in a rectangular shape, Full Screen lets you capture a screenshot of the entire screen, and Freeform captures depending on the shape you draw.
- Click and drag your mouse cursor to select a specific area of your laptop screen where you want to capture a screenshot. After that, release the mouse button.
- To save this custom screenshot, go to the pop-up window and tap the “Save Snip” icon.
3. Using the Touchpad:
A touchpad on a laptop is a handy feature that can be used for more than just scrolling and clicking. To take a screenshot using the touchpad, you must first make sure your mouse is turned off. To do this, move the mouse button on and off so that it turns off and on again. This turns your mouse into a trackpad.
You can also take a screenshot of your entire screen by moving the cursor to the upper right corner, holding down the mouse button, and then pressing the touchpad button on the keyboard. It takes a screenshot of the entire screen. If you want to take a screenshot from a specific window, click on the window and hold down the mouse button while pressing the touchpad button on your keyboard. This will take a screenshot of that window.
Saving the Screenshot:
After you take a screenshot, you need to save it. You can save the screenshot in your Pictures folder or you can email it to friends.
- To save to your Pictures folder, click the cog icon in the top right corner, then click ‘Save As’ under ‘Save as Type’.
- To email, a screenshot, go to your email app, type the name of the image (eg “Screenshots”), then click on ‘Attach’ under ‘File’.
- Move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen and hold down your button. The screenshot will appear in a new window called “Screenshot”. You can paste this screenshot on many web pages or save it as an image file on your computer.
To share a screenshot on social media, download the file to your computer, then use an image editing program like Adobe Photoshop or GIMP to crop out what you don’t need in the screenshot, and convert it to a different format (e.g., .png, or .jpg), then share the screenshot to Facebook, Twitter Or upload to a social media site like Pinterest.
4. Take a Screenshot using Markup Hero:
There are tons of screenshot-taking programs out there, but Markup Hero is by far the best. It is very easy to use and has many features that other programs do not have. If you’re looking for a great screenshot-taking program, Markup Hero is absolutely the method to go! Markup Hero is a free program. You can download it for your Mac, Windows, and Linux computers. Markup Hero has many features that make it the best screenshot-taking program. First, it is very easy to use. All you have to do is take your screenshot and click “share” or “save”. Markup Hero is also great because it can take screenshots of a webpage. In this way, you can create PDF documents or save a screenshot on your computer.
Taking screenshots on a Lenovo laptop is a very simple process. By observing the above steps detailed in this guide, you can smoothly capture your screen and then save it as an image file. You can use the built-in keyboard shortcuts or the snipping tool. However, if you need to take a screenshot of your entire screen, using keyboard shortcuts is the fastest way. Additionally, if you need to take a screenshot on a different type of laptop, the basic steps are usually the same. So next time you need to take a screenshot don’t hesitate to give it a try!