No one enjoys it when technology does not work as intended. And the reasons behind that malfunction are spending hours with your device or spending hundreds of dollars to get it back to where it was. Many PlayStation 4 gamers have trouble turning on their video game console. When they press the power button on their PS5, the console simply does not turn on or it turns off immediately.
Occasionally there is a beep or a light on the console. But in most cases consumers get nothing. This is a very frustrating issue for most PS5 gamers. It usually comes out of nowhere. And when that happens, they can not play games on their PS5 and probably can not get it because they left the disk on the console. If you are facing the same problem, do not worry. Here are some tried and tested methods that can help you turn on your PS5 again.
Why won’t my PS5 turn on?
The reason PS5 does not turn on could be one of many problems. For example, it could be a problem with your device’s hard drive, software, or power source. Depending on the problem, you may need to replace the hard drive – or it may be as easy as using a different power source. That’s why it’s important to troubleshoot before going to the experts and spending money to figure out what’s wrong. Here are seven steps to help you try and figure out what’s going on in your device.
1. Perform a force Shut Down:
Sometimes your PS5 may get stuck in the booting process. But most people do not know that they can force shut down their PS5 without plugging it in while running on electricity.
Here are the steps to forcibly shut down PS5:
- Press the power button.
- Keep down the power switch until you listen two beeps.
- Release the power button.
- After the shutdown, pause your PlayStation 5 and turn it on. Hopefully, the problem will be solved.
2. Reconnect The Power Cable:
Reconnecting the power cable can power reset your PS5 and clear corruption issues on your console. This is the first thing you should try when your PS5 can not turn on.
1. Unplug the power cable from your PS5.
2. Wait at least 30 seconds.
3. Plug the power cable back into your console.
Then press the power button on your console and see if it works.
3. Clear The Dust In Your PS5:
Dust issues can sometimes seriously interfere with your PS5. Cleaning the dust inside is a very effective method to solve your problem. There are a few things you can do to try to dust off your PS5. For example, you can try blowing vents or disk drives into the top plate of your PS5 or doing some cleaning inside. After removing the dust, you can start your console and see if it helps you.
4. Insert a Disk Into Your PS5:
Sometimes you can turn it on by placing your PS5 on disk. Your console can detect the inserted disk and boot itself. To turn on your PS5 like this:
1. Plug the power cable into your PS5.
2. Insert the disk into the disk drive of your PS5. Keep in mind that you do not need to insert your entire disk. Continue pushing it slowly until your console turns on automatically.
3. Pull out your disk.
If this works for you, your PS5 will be back to normal. If it is not, please try the methods below.
5. Rebuild Your PS5 Database:
Your PS5 has a built-in feature that allows you to rebuild your PS5 database. This will help you to clean the data on your PS5 and sort everything on the hard drive. To Rebuild Your PS5 Database:
1. Connect your PS5 controller to the console with the USB cable.
2. Hold down the power button on your PS5 console until you hear a second beep. And then release the button. Your PS5 is in safe mode and the screen looks like this:
3. Select “5. Rebuild the database with your controller.
4. Wait until the process is complete. Check if rebuilding the database is helpful to fix your PS5.
6. Have Your PS5 Serviced:
If you have tried all the above methods and you still can’t turn on your console, you may have some issues with the components in your video game console. And you may need help from an expert. If your PS5 is still under warranty, you can take it to your device’s seller or contact Sony Support to have it repaired or replaced. Or you can pay someone to fix the problem for you.
7. Update Your PlayStation 5 In Safe Mode:
Your PlayStation 5 white light may not turn on if there is an update failure or system failure. If so, it’s a good idea to update the PS5 in Safe Mode.
Here are the steps to update the PS5 in Safe Mode:
- Turn on the PS5 in safe mode.
- Navigate through the menu with your controller.
- Select Update System Software.
- Click on Update via the Internet.
- Wait for the update to complete.
- After the update, the PS5 will restart. Hopefully, your problem will be solved.
This can be very annoying when you buy a PlayStation 5 and it can lead to errors and bugs every time. Through this guide, we hope you can solve the problem by providing the above methods.