When your smartphone screen is paired with a smart TV, it can be a wonderful combination. Connecting a phone to a smart TV gives access to a wide range of entertainment options, including viewing photographs, movies, music, games, online TV shows, and apps. With the ever-increasing number of on-demand and streaming apps available on today’s TVs, projecting the video from a phone or tablet onto a large display is rarely the preferred method of viewing.
You can connect your phone to your Smart TV in different ways. However, the most used method is wireless. The method of connecting the two devices is determined by the type of phone and television you have. You can use different methods to connect your Android phone to a TV wirelessly. Here we present the five best methods to connect smartphones to TV wirelessly.
1. By Using The Screen Mirroring Method:
Although screen mirroring is a feature found on the majority of smartphones, the terms used to describe this method and the procedures for enabling the feature may vary by the smartphone manufacturer.
However, here’s how to link an Android phone screen to Smart TV wirelessly.
- Once you reach your phone’s Quick Settings panel, which is mostly at the top, swipe down twice from the top of the screen to reveal the Cast option.
- If you find it difficult to locate Cast on your phone or you can’t see the option, tap on the Edit button and locate the Screen Cast toggle.
- Next, you hold and drag or move the Cast button to the Quick Settings tray, and as you do so,
- Toggle the Screen Cast button and check if your Smart TV appears in the list.
- After you confirm it, enjoy this feature.
2. Cast With Chromecast:
Chromecast is a small device that you can plug into your TV’s HDMI port. After attaching the Chromecast to the HDMI connector on your TV, use it to stream any content from your smartphone directly to your TV after connecting. It’s a small, portable device that’s easy to set up and operate, and easy for you to navigate.
Here’s how to link your phone to your TV using Google Chromecast:
- Connect the Chromecast device to your TV’s HDMI port.
- Verify that your TV and your phone are using the same Wi-Fi network. This is a very important step.
- On your phone, launch the app you want to stream. Launching an app means opening the app you want to use. For example, if you want to watch a YouTube video on your TV, open the YouTube app on your phone.
- Search through the app for the Cast icon. To locate the Cast icon, look for the small rectangle with the Wi-Fi icon in the corner. Go ahead and click on it.
- From the list of available devices, select your Chromecast device and click on it.
- Your TV will now start playing the content director from your phone.
3. Connecting Phone to TV using Airplay:
All Apple devices come with a unique function called AirPlay. Found on iPhones, iPods, and your laptops, this feature allows you to wirelessly stream video from any of these devices directly to your TV. If you have an Apple TV, you can use AirPlay to wirelessly link your phone to the TV without any hassle or hassle.
Here’s how you can use AirPlay to connect your smartphone to your TV:
- Verify that your TV and your phone are using the same Wi-Fi network. This is the most important step and the first step.
- On your phone, launch the app you want to stream. Launching an app means opening or clicking the app you want to stream. For example, if you watch YouTube videos on your TV, you can launch the YouTube app on your iPhone.
- Then, check the app for the AirPlay icon. The AirPlay icon on your iPhone looks like a small rectangle with a triangle in the corner). Click on it.
- From the list of available devices, click on your Apple TV.
- After you click on it, you will notice that your TV will now start playing the content.
4. Using DLNA App:
If your smart TV supports DLNA, you can connect your Apple devices to the TV wirelessly using the DLNA app. Some of the DLNA-compatible iOS apps include TV Assist, 8Player Pro, ArkMC, etc. Check the app developers’ websites to learn how to use apps with the TV. Some DLNA apps do not support DRM. Therefore, you cannot play content protected by DRM from the iTunes Store.
5. SmartView App:
This applies to owners of Samsung Galaxy phones. Use the Smart View feature on your phone to connect to the TV wirelessly. Choose where you want to view your phone’s screen and find the nearest screen mirroring device to connect the phone to the TV.
Samsung Galaxy users can wirelessly connect to a Samsung Smart TV and easily stream or mirror content to the TV. If your television supports Samsung-to-Samsung mirroring, you can connect a Samsung smartphone to the TV. To do this go to TV’s Menu>Network>Screen Mirroring, and check if the TV supports the mirroring function. You can also pull down the settings shade on your smartphone and check for Smart View or Screen Mirroring to connect to a TV and cast the phone’s screen.
The above methods are the best methods for connecting a smartphone to a Tv wirelessly. We hope those methods are definitely useful to you. If you have any doubts regarding this article comment in the comment section.