To Fix Error Code CE-34878-0 On PS4: CE-34878-0 is an error that causes the game you are playing to crash suddenly. Many users playing Witcher 3, Sims, etc. have reported this issue. According to users, an error appears when the game is started. Shortly after the game starts, the game crashes. There are reports that the error disappears after restarting the game. However, many people were unable to restart the game.
But do not worry, we are here to help you with some tips and some techniques that actually work. Let’s look at some possibilities. When you play PS4 games, you usually get this error code. Sometimes it even displays as CE-36329-3. Games and applications will crash when this error occurs. Typically, this can be caused by corrupted PS4 data or system software issues. Below are some methods to assist you to solve this issues.
6 Methods To Fix Error Code CE-34878-0 On PS4:
- Updating The Game Software
- Restart the PS4 Console
- Re-install The Game Again On Your Ps4
- Ps4 System Software Needs To Be Updated
- Use the Original HDD
- Contact Sony Support
1. Updating The Game Software:
This problem can also be caused by unknown bugs in the game. The CE-34878-0 error is also fixed by updating the game to update to the latest patches. This can be done in three ways. In the PS4 settings, check for updates
If you want to update the game, you can check for updates. The steps are as follows:
1. To update a game, highlight it on the PS4 home screen.
2. On the PS4 controller, press the options button. press Update Now.
3. Install any known updates by observing the wizard.
4. Restart the PS4 and try playing the game again to see if it works now.
2. Restart the PS4 Console:
We highly recommend that you try the basic techniques to solve the problem before moving on to complex solutions. Restarting the console machine is one of them. PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0 Fixed PS4 issues by closing the console completely and then restarting the console.
1. End the game. Turn off the PS4.
2. Remove the power cord from the socket.
3. Wait at least two minutes.
4. Connect the power cord to the socket again.
5. Now turn on PlayStation.
6. Run the game after launching PS4. See if the error persists.
3. Re-install The Game Again On Your Ps4:
Trying to uninstall and reinstall the game, updating the game directly may not work. Before uninstalling the game, save the game data. This will ensure that you do not lose your progress.
1. Open the PS4 settings. Select Application Saved Data Management.
2. Alternatively, you can save the data saved in the system storage to your PS4 system. If you insert a USB drive into your PlayStation, you can select the data saved on the USB storage device.
3. Complete by observing the instructions on your screen.
4. Next, go to PS4 Settings. Navigate to System Storage Management. Select Applications.
5. Highlight the game that is causing the problem.
6. Click on Options. And then click Delete.
7. Restart the PS4.
8. Reinstall the game. And then try restarting it.
4. Ps4 System Software Needs To Be Updated:
You may have experienced system crashes on your PlayStation that caused a CE-34878-0 error. To resolve this issue, try updating the system software. Here are the steps.
1. Get your PS4 online.
2. Navigate to PS4 settings. Click on System Software Update.
3. If updates are available, select Update. In the latest version of PS4, you will not see this message. So, you can skip this step.
4. Download the update. When the update is downloaded, a popup notification will appear to remind you.
5. Go to Notifications on the PS4 Home screen. Click on Downloads. Install the update by following the instructions.
6. Run it again to see if the game works now.
5. Use the Original HDD:
A recent upgrade to your hard disk drive (HDD) may also affect game performance. You can try to solve this problem by reinstalling your original HDD on your PS4. You will need to back up the data on your PS4 before you can reinstall the original HDD.
1. Back up your PS4 data to a USB storage device.
2. Select Settings from the menu. Next, select System. Click Backup and Restore.
3. Decide what data you want to back up. If you decide not to back up the application, you will need to download or reinstall the application.
4. Name the backup according to your preference. And then, click Backup. And then, click X.
5. Wait a few minutes for the method to finish.
6. Reinstall your PS4 original HDD after backup.
7. Re-test your games after installation.
6. Contact Sony Support:
Unfortunately, if the problem persists even after trying all the methods mentioned above it may be beyond our capabilities. In such a case, you should contact Sony for help. You will need to send your PS4 back for repairs. Alternatively, you may need to replace your PS4. If your PS4 is under warranty, it should not cost too much.
This concludes this troubleshooting guide error code CE-34878-0 on PS4. The solutions we provide here have been tried and tested. We analyze the causes as well as the solutions. Let’s hope it is fixed.