Avast is one of the most popular antivirus software. We can use it on Windows, macOS, Android, or even IOS. It also provides computer security, browser security, antivirus software, firewall, anti-phishing, antispyware, and many other security services. Behavior Shield is actually an additional layer of active protection. Avast Antivirus. It can monitor all processes on your PC in real time for suspicious behavior that may indicate the presence of malicious code. The working principle of Avast Behavior Shield is primarily to identify and block suspicious files based on similarity to other threats, even if those files are not added to the virus definitions database.
Avast Behavior Shield is on by default because it can protect your computer and we strongly recommend you do so. However, some users complain that Avast Behavior Shield stops even after starting the software or restarting your laptop. And they claim that they don’t even manually change Avast’s default settings. So, why does Avast Behavior Shield keep turning off? The issue of Avast Behavior Shield stopping can also occur due to various reasons. Avast Behavior Shield has a bug. What errors actually occur if Avast Behavior Shield is turned off? In fact, if it is turned off, your computer is at significant risk. Therefore, all you need to do is to solve the problem of Avast Shield stopping. So, in the following section, we will now show you the solutions.
1. Repair Avast Program On Your PC:
The error may gradually become more significant over time. You can always try uninstalling and reinstalling Avast. But, if you want to save yourself the hassle, Avast’s recovery option is a viable option.
- Go to the Start menu and search for Control Panel. Now, click on it to launch it. Then go to the Programs option. Below that you will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ option. You can select it there.
- You can also go to Windows Settings and select Apps. Both Control Panel and Apps have the same purpose.
- Now, find Avast Antivirus in the list of programs that your PC has. Select it, and you will see an option to edit/change it.
- Click on this option and a whole wizard will be launched. Follow along and you will come to some options.
- These options update, repairing or modify the tool. At the bottom is the Uninstall button. So, if you want to uninstall it, you can.
- If not, select the Repair button. Follow along with the wizard and let your files be repaired. If it works, you don’t need to do anything else.
- You can restart the PC and re-enable Web Shield in Avast to see if the settings are adhered to. If not, follow the same steps to modify Avast.
- This time, select the Uninstall option and completely remove the tool from your PC. Download and install the latest version. See if that solves the problem.
2. Use The Admin Permission On Avast:
This method is similar to the first one. But, you don’t need to go deep with services and such. All you need to do is launch Avast as an administrator. For this, you can ensure the following:
- Find the Avast launch icon on your PC. This can be through a shortcut, start menu, or elsewhere. Right-click on it and select ‘Run as administrator’.
- This will not work if Avast is already running in the background. So press CTRL + Shift + ESC to open Task Manager. Find Avast in the list of tasks and right-click on it. Then, select End Task.
- Now, repeat the first step and see if you can start Avast as an administrator.
- Once you’ve done that, reactivate Web Shield. See if this option works.
- You can also grant Avast Admin permission permanently. All you have to do is right-click on the Avast icon and go to Properties. You will find the ‘Run this program as admin’ option in the compatibility tab. Check it, Apply, and then OK to save the changes.
- Now Avast always runs with admin permissions. This can save you from other errors.
But, remember, granting admin permission to Avast means it can make changes to files. This also applies to system files. So, use it only if it solves the problem.
3. Download The Latest Version:
Each new version of your antivirus brings new updates, improvements, and most importantly bug fixes. That being said, you should never run an outdated antivirus program as there can be various bugs and software errors that can leave your system vulnerable to malware. Your Avast browser should update automatically, something may have blocked the update, so you may have to update it manually.
Launch the Avast user interface, then select Menu and Settings in the menu that appears. Locate the Update tab, then make sure both buttons on this tab are checked (Virus Definition and Antivirus). Once the updating wizard pops up, complete the process and follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest Avast software version. You can restart the computer after the updates are installed to check if Behavior Shield is working.
4. Run Avast Clear Tool and Reinstall Avast:
If the above methods can’t really solve the problem, Avast Behavior Shield can be turned off. Then you should really try this solution. You can also do a clean installation of the latest versions. To do that, you need to remove all traces of Avast from your computer. Hence, you need the help of the Avast Clear tool which will help you to remove all traces of Avast from your computer and then reinstall Avast. Now, we will show you detailed operations on how you can perform a clean installation. To solve the problem, Avast Behavior Shield is actually turned off.
- Download the Avast Clear tool which can remove Avast traces on your computer. Install it.
- In the pop-up window, you need to confirm the program installation directory. If they are not correct, change them first. Then tap on Uninstall to continue.
- After completely uninstalling Avast, you can try to download it from the Internet and then install it again.
- After reinstalling, open Avast Behavior Shield to check if the issue where it keeps turning itself off is fixed.
We hope you like this article and find it useful. Let us know your opinion on it. Also if you have more questions or problems regarding this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will contact you soon.