If you own a Samsung Smart TV and use the Smart Hub consistently there are a few error codes that you will learn to deal with. One such error code is Samsung TV error code 107. Meanwhile, if your Samsung TV is not smart, you don’t need to worry about the error code because you don’t need to connect the TV to the Internet through a router or Wi-Fi.
Samsung TV error code 107 is not something series, as simple troubleshooting can help to solve. Although Samsung detects error code 107 on Samsung, it has nothing to do with the TV setup. Samsung Smart TV error code 107 is related to an internet connection. So, if an error code occurs and the TV is shut down and turned back on, it is possible that the error code is gone.
How to Fix Samsung TV Error Code 107:
Error code 107 occurs when you are streaming with your Samsung Smart Hub and the TV loses internet connection. It won’t affect the TV but streaming will stop. And once your internet access is back your TV will reconnect to the internet, clearing error code 107 on its own. There are some steps you can take to fix the Samsung Smart TV returning error code 107 while using Smart Hub. We’ll take a look at starting troubleshooting from basic to advanced levels.
5 Methods to Fix Samsung TV Error Code 107:
- Clear your Samsung TV Cache
- Power Cycle your Samsung Smart TV
- Test your Samsung TV Connection to Smart Hub
- Reset your Samsung Smart TV
- Stable Internet Connection
1. Clear your Samsung TV Cache:
If you haven’t cleared your Samsung TV app cache in a while, it can lead to error code 107 when trying to use the Aid app. So, you need to delete all caches on your Samsung TV once. However, if you are a beginner and don’t know how to delete caches on Samsung TV please follow the steps below.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Navigate to “Settings” and press the Enter button on your remote.
- Select “Apps” to open the list of apps you have on your Samsung TV.
- Navigate to “System Apps” and select the app that is giving you error code 107.
- Select “Clear cache” from info.
- Select “OK” and then “Confirm” to delete the app cache.
- After clearing the cache of your chosen app, open the app and see if the error code 107 is still there.
2. Power Cycle your Samsung Smart TV:
Some of us don’t do this often. Instead of unplugging our TV from the power source or wall socket, we turn off the TV only with the help of remote control or by pressing the power button. It doesn’t completely discharge the TV power, but it puts the TV in standby mode. Now, follow the steps below to power cycle your Samsung Smart TV to fix the error code.
- Power off your Samsung Smart TV using the remote or power button.
- Unplug the TV from the wall socket and wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug in the TV and turn on the TV.
- Connect the TV to the Internet via WiFi or a hotspot or router.
- Then, go to the TV Smart Hub and see if the error code 107 is still there.
3. Test your Samsung TV Connection to Smart Hub:
If you’re having trouble connecting your Samsung TV to your smart hub, you might be having an issue generating error code 107. So, it is better to check your internet connection, ISP, Samsung service, and app service. Below are the steps to take, as Samsung lets you do all of this using the built-in Smart Hub connect test.
- Press the “Menu” button on your remote.
- Navigate to “Settings” >> Support.
- Scroll down and select “Device Care” >> “Self Diagnosis”.
- Select “Start Smart Hub Connection Test”.
- Hold one for two seconds to complete the “Smart Hub Connection Test”. After the test is complete, click “Close”.
- Now, review the connection test result and follow the suggested instructions to fix the problem.
4. Reset your Samsung Smart TV:
If the Samsung error code 107 still persists after all the steps above, the only solution is to restore your TV to default. When resetting to default or factory settings. Meanwhile, all personal configurations will be erased if you choose to reset your Samsung TV to defaults. That being said, following the procedures below will help you reset your Samsung TV to defaults.
- Turn on your Samsung TV.
- Click on the “Menu” button.
- Navigate and select “Support”.
- Scroll down and select “Self-Diagnosis” and press the “Enter” button.
- Select “Reset” and enter your “Reset PIN”.
- Type your “Security PIN”.
- Accept the warning message
- The reset process will begin and the TV will be wiped. Once the process is complete you will be prompted to configure your TV.
5. Stable Internet Connection:
This “Samsung TV Error Code 107” problem basically means that your smart hub is not connected to the internet. The main cause of this error is a network connection problem that prevents the Smart Hub from connecting to the Samsung server. Since the problem with Samsung error code 107 is related to a network connection problem, it is enough to perform a network test to see if it can be fixed. If there is no internet anywhere (which is rare), error 107 will be displayed due to an unstable network.
We hope this guide will help you to solve this problem. Tell us which method helped you to fix Samsung TV error code 107. If still, you are getting this error, you can contact the Samsung Smart Tv support team.